Dates of upcoming First Aid Training courses are available here.
Information about First Aid courses which can be held on-site at your organization is available here.
The St John Ambulance First Aid course covers a broad range of topics to enable participants to confidently manage emergency situations and provide a first aid response to a casualty.
The St John Ambulance First Aid course is the standard training recommended for workplace first aid providers. It is also good for anybody who wants to be able to help during a medical emergency. This course covers a broad range of topics to enable participants to confidently manage emergency situations and provide a first aid response to a casualty. The course includes paediatric (children & babies) First Aid.
By the end of this training the participants will be:
- able to recognise life-threatening situations
- able to offer vital assistance before more experienced help arrives
- able to provide single-person CPR on an adult, child and baby
- qualified as a workplace first aid person
Unit 1 (2 hours)
- Welcome, safety and comfort
- Course objective and methodology
- The Task of a First Aider
- Incident Management
- Casualty Management
Unit 2 (2 hours)
- Primary Survey
- Recovery Position
- Secondary Survey – Head-to-Toe
Unit 3 (2 hours)
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Modification Child/Baby
Unit 4 (2.5 hours)
- Shock (circulation)
- External Bleeding
- Dressings and Bandages
Unit 5 (2 hours)
- Disorders of the Airway and Breathing
- Heat Exhaustion, Heatstroke
Unit 6 (2 hours)
- Fainting, Heart Attack, Anaphylactic Shock
- Internal Bleeding
Unit 7 (2 hours)
- Minor and Major Epileptic Fits
- Burns and Scalds
- Electrical Shock
- Introduce and practice Arm Sling
Unit 8 (2 hours)
- Injuries to the Muscles, Joints and Bones
- Jaw thrust for spinal injuries
- Practice Bandages
- There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
- The minimum age to attend this course must be 14 years. Children below the age of 14 years are invited to follow the Three Cross Award.
This training is delivered by qualified and experienced trainers.
The First Aid course may be delivered over 9 sessions (19 hours including the assessment session ) or 3 full days.
The First Aid course is assessed through a written multiple choice test and a practical test.
- A internationally recognised certificate with a 3-year validity is provided.
- The St John Ambulance First Aid certificate fulfills the requirements of the local Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
€40 per person. Contact us for discounted pricing for group training.
*Proceeds from our training courses support services provided by St John Malta for the community.
Print application [PDF], fill it out and send it to us by post (not registered post).