Volunteering with the St John Rescue Corps
St John Rescue Corps (SJRC) has volunteering opportunities for everyone from firefighting, high-angle rescue and beach lifesaving services to administrative duties and helping ‘behind the scenes’.
We are now accepting applications from volunteers interested in joining our next recruitment programme starting in January 2017. This programme is mainly targetted towards volunteers interested in performing fire fighting prevention and emergency duties with the SJRC. More information here.
We are always looking for bright and enthusiastic people, irrespective of age, who are willing to give up some of their free time to assist our organisation.
Operational Rescue Volunteers
Volunteers aiming to perform operational duties during community events and emergencies should fulfil these requirements:
- Over 18 years old;
- Physically fit for the rigours of rescue work;
- Committed to follow weekly training;
- Willing to help others; and
- Committed to volunteer during community events (e.g. concerts, sports events & festivals) and emergencies.
We also require volunteers to assist ‘behind the scenes’ in various areas including: public relations, fundraising, logistics, ICT and administrative duties.
Youths between the age of 14 and 18 years are invited to join the Cadet Programme.
Benefits of volunteering with us…
- Free access to a wide range of rescue training courses
- Experience personal growth
- Learn how to work in a team
- Meet other volunteers who are contributing to a nobel cause – saving lives
- Help people in your community
- Enhance your Curriculum Vitae
YOU can make a difference!!… more information about the St John Rescue Corps.