Call for Applications
Post of Administrator
St John Malta is a volunteer-led organisation dedicated to the teaching and practice of first aid training, and the provision of ambulance, fire safety and water lifeguard services.
We are currently seeking an experienced administrator to work on part-time basis between Monday and Friday (approx. 20 hours per week).
The Administrator will be expected to perform office duties during the morning at St John Malta Headquarters at Valletta and occasionally at Fort Madalena, Madliena.
Roles & Responsibilities
The administrator will:
- coordinate the planning and scheduling of training courses;
- receive and process incoming mail, email, social media and telephone communications from within the organisation and from external parties;
- maintain the documentation and records related to training courses and other services offered by the organisation;
- manage basic accounting tasks including the issuing of invoices and receipts, and online banking functions; and
- provide general administrative support across the various functions of the organisation.
Skills & Competencies
The administrator is expected to have:
- excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- good customer care skills and the ability to deal professionally with people at all levels;
- knowledge of standard office practices and procedures;
- proficient use of standard office equipment, Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel;
- basic bookkeeping skills;
- ability to work independently on own initiative, accurately and under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- ability to handle competing priorities and help keep multiple tasks on track; and
- in possession of a driving licence.
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to send the following to email@example.com by Monday 9th January 2023.
- A cover letter – one page summary application outlining your competencies, past experience, and other relevant information that highlights suitability for the role; and
- An updated resume (curriculum vitae).
St John Malta is offering a competitive salary commensurate to experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will take place early in January 2023.
More information about St John Malta is available at: