Based on recent directives issued by the Government regarding the closure of educational institutions, St John Training is temporarily suspending all training courses until further notice.
We appeal to the general public to follow the guidance issued by the Health Authorities. We must work together to safeguard the health of our community. In the meantime we invite you to visit St John Malta COVID-19 webpage.
Students doing their Systems of Knowledge (SoK) studies at sixth form, can opt to perform their SoK project with our organisation.
The students will be required to follow St John Ambulance First Aid course and commit to a number of hours of volunteering with St John Ambulance.
Only students who have followed a St John Ambulance First Aid course will be allowed to volunteer with St John Ambulance.
- Students must be 16 years and over to attend St John Ambulance First Aid & Nursing (SJA F&N) events.
- Students must be in possession of a valid St John Ambulance First Aid (Adult, Child & Infant) certificate. Due to insurance policy restrictions, First Aid certificates issued by other entities are not accepted.
Steps to be followed:
- Students are advised to register for a First Aid course as advertised here.
- After successfully completing the First Aid course, the students are advised to contact SJA (First Aid & Nursing) at this address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following information needs to be included in the email:
- Surname & Name
- ID Card Number
- Date of Birth
- Amount of volunteering hours required for the SOK project. The number of volunteering hours may vary.
The Officer in-charge of SJA events will contact the student and provide further information.
- During SJA events, the students will assist SJA volunteers administer first aid treatment to casualties.
- Students are required to follow the guidelines and instructions issued by the Officer in-charge of the SJA events. Students are also required to follow the general rules related to the dress code and behaviour during events. Failure to follow the rules and instructions may result in suspension of the volunteering experience.
- Students will be given the opportunity to attend events within a time frame of not less than 9 months after completing their First Aid course.
- Although SJA is involved regularly in community events, it cannot give any guarantees on events. Occasionally, events may be cancelled by organisers. SJA Officers will contact students about event cancellations. The number of events can vary depending on the season.
- Due to Data Protection Act, students/parents will not be given information about other students.