Dates of upcoming Fire Warden courses are available here.
They Fire Warden course covers the role of the designated fire warden (fire marshal). This training provides participants with awareness and understanding of the causes and effects of fire and helps them to identify and reduce the risk that fire presents in the workplace. Techniques for successful evacuations will be discussed and suggested. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to use extinguishing equipment.
By the end of this training the participants will have:
- A greater awareness of the dangers of fire and smoke
- Awareness of all fire safety measures in the workplace
- A knowledge of evacuation techniques, including accounting for personnel
- Confidence in identifying and operating firefighting equipment
- Awareness of potential fire hazards in the workplace
- An ability to make basic risk assessments
The course covers these topics:
- Chemistry of Fire
- Extinguishing Methods
- Classes of Fire
- Types & Uses of Extinguishers
- Physical Properties of Matter
- Occupational Health & Safety Legislation
- Safety Signage
- Safety Equipment (Alarms, Smoke Doors, Fixed Installations)
- Safe Evacuation Techniques
- Basic Hazards
- Basic Elements of Construction & Safety Practice
- Smoke Room
- Use of Fire Blanket
- Use of Fire Extinguishers
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
The minimum age to attend this course must be 18 years.
This training is delivered by qualified and experienced trainers.
Duration & Venue
- The duration of the course is 4 hours.
- The Fire Warden course is held at St John Rescue Corps Training School, Fort Madalena. On-site training at customer premises is available.
- Continuous observation by the trainer.
- Delegates will receive a St John Training certificate valid for three years.
- The St John Training Fire Warden certificate fulfils the requirements of the local Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Individual fee: €45 per person. Refunds will not be issued if applicants fail to attend full or part of the course. St John Training reserves the right to cancel a course if the minimum number of participants is not reached. In such cases, the applicants are given the opportunity to attend the next course or they will be refunded the full course registration fee. Dates of upcoming Fire Warden Courses are available here.
- Group fee: Companies/organisations are kindly requested to contact us via email (email@example.com) to regarding discounted fees for group training. On-site training at customer premises is available.
*Proceeds from our training courses support services provided by St John Malta for the community.