Dates of upcoming Emergency First Aid courses are available here.
We are open and delivering training courses again at locations where we are able to establish the safeguards necessary to protect participants and our instructors. We are adhering strictly to the advice of health authorities.
Read here how we are running training in a COVID-19 secure manner.
Emergency First Aid is a basic seven-hour course ideal for anyone who might need to provide first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill at home/work, and covers common injuries and illnesses. This course covers the essentials of how to save a life and includes a demonstration of the AED (automated external defibrillator).
Emergency First Aid is aimed at:
- persons who do not have the time to follow the full First Aid course but they need to learn the essential skills of first aid.
- companies/organisations who already have the required number of fully trained First Aid personnel but would like to train other personnel in ‘first aid emergency protocols’ only.
The course covers these topics:
- The role of the first aider
- Communication and casualty care
- Basic defibrillator demonstration
- Minor burns
- Minor injuries
- Treatment of an unresponsive casualty.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
- The minimum age to attend this course must be 14 years.
This training is delivered by qualified and experienced trainers.
The Emergency First Aid course may be delivered over 1 full day (7 hrs) or 2 sessions (3.5 hours per session).
Written assessment and continuous observation by the trainer.
Successful candidates will receive an internationally recognised St John Ambulance certificate which is valid for three years.
- Group fee: Companies/organisations are kindly requested to contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to regarding discounted fees for group training. On-site training at customer premises is available.
*Proceeds from our training courses support services provided by St John Malta for the community.
- Companies/organisations are kindly requested to contact us via email (email@example.com) to organise group training.