Based on recent directives issued by the Government regarding the closure of educational institutions, St John Training is temporarily suspending all training courses until further notice.
We are therefore unable to support organisations to certify or re-certify employees as first aiders, appointed persons for first aid and fire wardens.
In consultation with the Occupational Health & Safety Authority, we are extending the validity of all certificates (First Aid, Emergency First Aid, Basic Fire Awareness and Fire Warden) for as long as the current situation persists. The certificates expiring after the 13th March 2020 will remain valid until the current COVID-19 crisis is over.
We appeal to the general public to follow the guidance issued by the Health Authorities. We must work together to safeguard the health of our community. In the meantime we invite you to visit St John Malta COVID-19 webpage.
Dates of upcoming Emergency First Aid courses are available here.
Emergency First Aid is a basic seven-hour course ideal for anyone who might need to provide first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill at home/work, and covers common injuries and illnesses. This course covers the essentials of how to save a life and includes a demonstration of the AED (automated external defibrillator).
Emergency First Aid is aimed at:
- persons who do not have the time to follow the full First Aid course but they need to learn the essential skills of first aid.
- companies/organisations who already have the required number of fully trained First Aid personnel but would like to train other personnel in ‘first aid emergency protocols’ only.
The course covers these topics:
- The role of the first aider
- Communication and casualty care
- Basic defibrillator demonstration
- Minor burns
- Minor injuries
- Treatment of an unresponsive casualty.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
- The minimum age to attend this course must be 14 years.
This training is delivered by qualified and experienced trainers.
The Emergency First Aid course may be delivered over 1 full day (7 hrs) or 2 sessions (3.5 hours per session).
Written assessment and continuous observation by the trainer.
Successful candidates will receive an internationally recognised St John Ambulance certificate which is valid for three years.
- Individual fee: €25 per person.
- The course can also be delivered at the premises of the company/organisation at a date and time that suits the business needs of the company/organisation. For such group training, the minimum fee is €240 for up to 12 participants. Additional participants can be added at a fee of €20 per person.
*Proceeds from our training courses support services provided by St John Malta for the community.
- Individuals are kindly requested to print this application [PDF], fill it out and send this by post (not registered post).
- Companies/organisations are kindly requested to contact us via email to organise group training.
- It is highly recommended that the general public and employees follow this comprehensive First Aid course.
- A chart comparing the content of the First Aid course and the Emergency First Aid course is available here [PDF].